Monday, November 25, 2013

I had good intentions

But, it seems as though working overnight, taking care of the girls during the day, and fitting sleep somewhere in between, have sidelined my plans to write daily. I am writing today while at work, the only time of the day I seem to have the energy to write out the exhausting details of my day. I am on my third week of working graveyard. So far, I have to say it has gone much better than what I expected. The girls have miraculously turned into amazing sleepers, lessening the fears I had that it would be an all-night scream fest without me there. This however makes me realize, I am easily replaceable. I’m not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I am glad they have been doing so well without me. But, I kind of wish they had put up more of a protest. Of course, that is a completely selfish desire. Them having a bad night would only benefit my ego. So, I will suck it up, and be grateful that they are all able to sleep peacefully while I stay up all night. There is of course, things I enjoy about not being home with them all night. When I do get home, I am greeted by two babies who are thrilled to see me. Kira will give me a “Good morning mom”, the minute she sees me. Baby doll, will smile and crawl as fast as she possibly can with her footed jammies bunching up. I love that they are happy to see me. I had never had that before. Karly isn’t as thrilled to see me. But, she’s ten. What can I possibly expect right? I have been taking her to school lately. She had specifically asked for me to drop her off. And, when she gets out of the car, she kisses my goodbye without worrying about her friends seeing her. She’s such a good kid. I hope she never changes. Sleeping has worked itself into my day where there’s an open spot. I take an afternoon nap with the girsl around noon. This usually gets me through to three when David gets home. I will usually sleep four hours then, and I am awake by 7 at the latest. Not as much sleep as I would like, but I will take it. This week I am getting moved to my regular shift, which means I won’t have to work so many weekdays. This will help me with sleeping more during the day…I hope. I will try to make it a point to write daily, even if no one but me is reading 

No comments:

Post a Comment